Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Krishna - Part II

I had planned to finish the Krishna panning in just two parts, but dropped the idea. Well there are a couple of reasons. I went to Parthasarathy temple and the tall and imposing Krishna was impressive. But above all the brisk mustache was a quite a divine fashion statement.

Moreover, I am in no mood to badmouth any God right now... but let some things clear up, I will have my day :-)

I am in my home town now and everything looks different. Maybe it is me, or as my mom says, I am really seeing a different part of the town (she is always right you see, because I am really staying in a different house now) Everybody corrects me when I call it Madras... it seems they changed it to Chennai. What was wrong with "Madras"? There was one thing good about it, the hindi belt in India cannot mess the name "Chennai", with the impossible degenerate overlapping of the English alphabet with the devanagiri phoenetics.

Coming back Krishna, the Parthasarathy Temple was very nice. It was disheartening to see Hanuman with a Namam (even though Hanuman is a avatar of Shiva), but like I said before I am in no mood to fight over divinity today. Then my father took me to Kapaleeshwarar temple too and the two maadaveedhi in the temples were quite contrasting. Can anyone guess what that is?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean to say madavidhis are totally different now with big shops and restaurants..???

Friday, June 1, 2007 at 2:36:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

what is the difference between the maadavidhis of the two temples ?

Friday, June 1, 2007 at 1:38:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sathyama yenaku theriyadhu..:-(
i wud say mylapore's madavidhis are much more advanced than triplicane..
hehe ur question sounds like madras university's 2 mark question
;-)

Monday, June 4, 2007 at 4:06:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home