Monday, April 09, 2007

A feeling

What is about these love stories? I understand some, I laugh at some. "Kuch kuch hota hai" was ludicrous. Some stories were romantic, and others I wanted to be in. Really, what exactly defines romance? The girl's idea of romance is what it really is, guys just want to have all romances to end in the bed.

My idea of romance is mix of old and new fashioned. I like Mani-Rathnam styled, rapid fire, ready to die for damsel, dudes. Well I am not 16, so I don't fall in love in a couple of minutes. It takes more than that to make me fall. I also like the old fashioned, singing romantic songs, holding hands and looking into each other's eyes hoping to tell something, types too.

My idea is of romance is mostly driven by movies and fiction novels. Is our idea of a feeling just a reiteration of supporting literature? Are we limited by creativity of fine artists?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Visitor said...

Is our idea of a feeling just a reiteration of supporting literature? Are we limited by creativity of fine artists?
Good question 'Girl' - looks like you are right. See Nature vs nurture

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 4:55:00 AM CDT  
Blogger rads said...

heyyy, KKHH was cute! in a juvenile hi-school romantic way that is..

I don't know about our ideas being stunted by what's shown us, Ive known some fine couples in love, and they sure can teach a thing or two to Bollywood :)

You know, you need to fall in love for you to appreciate romance in its true sense ['you' could be replaced with 'one' I guess...]

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 5:27:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home