Sunday, June 03, 2007

Naan partha penn - I

I was talking to one of my friends about Blank Noise Project and how the young girls were stepping over other people's rights in their campaign. I was wondering how I would react if I met any one of those people. It seems they have special campaigns where, the beautifully dressed stand in crowded urban public places. Apparently, they are honeypots for perverts. Hmmm.... I wonder if I would look at them! correction... obviously I would look at them, a good exercise would be to know if they would brand me as a pervert. The catch here is... I might be one, but how can you tell ? he he he

(I don't want BlankNoiseProject cyber patrol to find my blog and start sermons)

So, yesterday when I was traveling in an autorickshaw I had an brilliant idea! Not that any of my ideas are less than brilliant, but this was quite special. I wanted to see a girl. I was not planning to arrange a bajji, sojji kinda familial meeting, so a quickie :) I was quite brave because you know I was in an autorickshaw :)

So, the plan was to pick a girl and look at her. That is all. There was a huge traffic jam near Pothy's in Usman road and I was fed up with the fumes and traffic, and I completely forgot about the plan. Just then the traffic cleared up and the auto neared the Usman Road bus stop. There was a girl in chudidhar, with nice earrings(I fall flat for girls wearing nice earrings ) and she was talking to some other girl and waiting for a bus. The girl was very pretty. Before I knew I was looking at her, straight at her face.

Then time slowed down, and the few seconds seemed like a few more seconds. Then she turned in slow motion to look at me. Here the reader should be informed about the rarity of the incident. In all my 25 years of looking at girls, they have only given me dirty or disgusting looks, if at all they deigned to look at me. So, this girl looks at me and stops talking to the other girl. It looked like she stopped mid sentence. Now, I am unfamiliar to this kind of attention and I did not know what to do. She did not smile, but neither did I. You know the kind, who look at each other and start loving at first sight?

We locked into each other's eyes, and were talking silently. Even though we never spoke, I think I told her that she was the most beautiful girl in that bus stop, and I like her. She seemed to reciprocate. After few seconds with her, the auto crossed the bus stop, and I lost sight of her.

What do you think the girl must have thought? What if she was a BlankNoiseProject girl? What if you were the girl?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

This is a funny post :-))! Aaan kudutha build-up-kku konjam disappointing. I thought you would have at least asked her out for coffee :-)!

Sunday, June 3, 2007 at 5:17:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayyooo...chappunu ayiduthe..onnume nadakalaya??"annalum nokinal avalum nookinal"...;-)

Monday, June 4, 2007 at 3:59:00 AM CDT  
Blogger rads said...

oh boy, why didn't u just jump out of the auto and ask her out? I mean, you seem that sort. The Maddy character kind.. ;-)

Monday, June 4, 2007 at 5:00:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Archana Bahuguna said...

God willing the next meeting will happen :-).

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 at 8:43:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

archana and anon: when has my story evern made any progress?

Rads: that is all old style... I would go for a french kiss first and check it she is a good kisser and only then move on. ;)

arch: thanks pa :)

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 2:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger MikeeUSA said...

Could we swap links. I have an MRA weblog at http://mikeeusa.blogspot.com . (If you do put a link
to it please tell me in a comment on one of the articles so I know).
g

Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 3:43:00 PM CDT  
Blogger rads said...

er.. i donno, jumping into a french kiss blindly is asking for trouble. Some purely technical reasons, nothing belonging to the heart or mind ;-)

Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 10:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Archana said...

I think she was flattered and was bold enough to show it too. I dunno why people look away disgusted when others look at them. What is so disgusting about ogling at others.

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 5:32:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home