Friday, June 15, 2007

Tell Tale 16 - Postnatal story

I am a just born baby and by nature babies think and talk very much like you grown-ups. But babies have short term memory loss so they seldom remember their pristine first moments. So, the world knows not a single nascent story. But I am gifted with an excellent memory and I remember everything. But here is the world's first postnatal autobiography.

The first thing I remember was when I tried to open eyes. Ah! and it hurt. Everything was so congested and I was stuck somewhere. I was being squeezed from my place, and I didn't like the new place one bit. I tried to squeeze myself back into the warm moist place but na-ha. Crap! There was an enormous force and in one fine twist I was out in the open. I felt like the soft wet Colgate toothpaste, squeezed from the pregnant tube onto the brush like world. I was chocking with air... oh wait, this air is cool but I liked it better when I was in the liquid, for I need not breathe needlessly. Soon, like a smoker I got used to feeling of breathing fresh air and I am now addicted to air and have fatal withdrawal effects.

It was too much work, I decided to take it easy for some time and let things happen. Only then did I realize there were huge things all around me and they all were exactly like me, but only bigger! I will call them "biggies", I resolved. They were all very powerful.

I took a look at myself and I had a torso and 6 things attached to it, four of which I could move voluntarily. A biggie lifted me and the bloody bastard cut one of the things that was attached to my tummy. Aaarh! Do you know what you are doing? I tried to say to him with "quaa qua quaaaa qua quaa", the dumbass pretended to not hear me and he dressed up the vestige of the umbilical cord. At least it did not hurt much. Now I could see 5 things attached to me, oh wait, I wanted to reclassify my attachments, I counted 4 huge attachments and the tiny but very interesting stuff between my legs... I called them fishy.

I was everyone's attention. And I liked it. The biggies were busy looking after me. They put me on a hard metal, and I looked at the dial and it showed 7 lbs (I understood "mass" and "weight" right after birth because like I said before, I am a prodigy). They prodded me with sticks and needles and I screamed "stop it, stop it!" like this "qu quaaa, qu quaaa!" Again everyone pretended not to hear me. There was only one obvious conclusion... "The biggies must all be deaf!"

To be continued ...

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha - u r getting back at us mothers writing abt the experience.. waiting for the 2nd one

Monday, June 18, 2007 at 1:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Archana said...

This one is interesting :-)! Please to continue!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 12:38:00 AM CDT  
Blogger rads said...

Okay! Interesting :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 3:08:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

"brush like world"..ROFL LMAO!! :)))

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 4:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The girl said...

This was really funny. I am waiting for the sequel.

However, the toothpaste analogy was a bit cheesy. :p

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 5:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Premalatha said...

I have tagged you.
http://premalathakombaitamil.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/tag_proud8/

Friday, June 22, 2007 at 10:54:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vishesh said...

lol:) waiting for the next one..

thanks for dropping by man...been busy of late with skl...coming back to my old hunts only now :)

Sunday, June 24, 2007 at 5:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

thank you all for your wonderful encouraging comments.

ITW, Archana and Rads: thanks

Swaroop: what the hell is LMAO? If it is something gross, I definitely want to know ;)

girl: ya... I noticed that... I thought about the toothpaste thingy and wrote it, and I could not make it very sober... but I let it be, because it was very funny to read :)

Premalatha: will do the tag soon... really cannot think of 8 things I am proud of :(

Sunday, June 24, 2007 at 1:56:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

vishesh: are you in your 10th standard now? how did the exams go?

Sunday, June 24, 2007 at 1:57:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home