Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Booker? Blooger?

I wonder, what it takes to write something that is worthy of a Booker prize. Of late I have not felt any extra appreciation for Booker winning works, that I would expect it to be. It makes me wonder. What does it take, to be acclaimed by one and all?

I believe to be very independent in my opinion, and I am little swayed by popular voice. Is it just crowd psychology that, once a work has been awarded, people accept it and is easily assimilated as a master piece? How does it feel to to win a Blooger prize?

Surely, I am proud of one short story I wrote some time back. However, it is too personal, and therefore not for the public eye. Truth be told, other than that, I am profoundly disappointed.

Now, I have decided, to write something. Something that touches you. Something that is worthy of a mention. Something less frivolous. Obviously, I will have to work on my spellings, but trivialities and frivolities apart, I am going to open up my imagination.

However, I warn you though, my imagination is at best, compared to a Pandora's box. Caveat emptor!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vishesh said...

ha looking forward to it...
to pen,
you will know when,
it is when you ken.

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 9:12:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home