Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Red for Passion


and I would not have it. Apparently, Jaanavasam is not in vogue any more. While I have seen many handsome young men being paraded in a topless, red convertible, and goes to meet the bride, I will have to walk to meet my bride! Please hold while I sob inconsolably in front of my deity.

Jaanavasam has always been a point of pride for the Tam community, and shows our technological advancement, compared to stone age north, where they bring the groom on horseback. gah!

My dad had it, and I really believe him when he claims the car in the black&white photo is actually red. But it has always bothered me that he was not smiling in that photo. If my parents-in-law, take me in a slow moving vehicle to marry me their hopefully pretty daughter, why would I not smile? I know would not be able to resist being happy, especially with that flower thing that they will make me hold.

How degrading! damn!

7 Comments:

Blogger Swetha said...

Isn't the baraat more cool (read fairytalish ! )than the janavasam with the prince charming riding on the horse to meet the pretty girl ;-)

Am surprised you think the other way !

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 3:14:00 PM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

This was satire, milady! Satire for heaven's sake!

Saturday, February 9, 2008 at 4:32:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting married a!

Saturday, February 9, 2008 at 10:28:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. That was me

-Ok

Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 1:01:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

@anon/ok : Far from it!

Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 2:34:00 PM CST  
Blogger KD. K Bodhi said...

Q 1. Explain with reference to context (15 marks, 50 word limit)

"...and goes to meet the bride, I will have to walk to meet my bride!"


-Ok

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 2:38:00 PM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

@ok: ayya, thalaivare! theriyama solliten machidunge! :p

Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 10:11:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home