Sunday, September 24, 2006

Second thoughts

It comes to everyone's mind at least once, the fluttering apprehension about the future wife. In the past every time, every single time a little alcohol goes down the throats of the massively hardworking doctoral blokes, there has been talk about the lingering fear of marrying the wrong person.

None of us have girlfriends. Not married either. Obviously.

I do not remember of any other unanimous thought process. Nobody can deny of this apprehension at the back of the head, the dull pain slowly eating away the joys of bachelorhood. Not a lot of people talk about it everyday, because of a phenomenon called second thoughts.

We are being masked by the continuous barrage of second thoughts. I do not remember the last time I actually did what I thought first. Or said the very first thing that came to my mind. I wanted to eat that ice cream, but no, it was too rich. I wanted to run, but I was too lazy. I wanted to be nice to a girl, but not too much money at hand. Hated that guy, wanted to slap him, on second thoughts wanted to slap him! but did not. I wanted to sleep, but the assignment had to be finished. I wanted to finish the assignment, but started a movie. Wanted to finish the movie but Catch-22 had to be finished. Finally, started writing this blog.

I have been taken over by this disgusting second-thought process. I have never respected the first thought. First thoughts are discarded, in preference to second thought for maturity reasons, social applicability reasons, physical restraints. I am tired of logic, of reasoning. Logic is boring. I am sick of second thoughts. I do not like them. Babies I am sure, do not have second thoughts. They smile at whomever they want, pee wherever they want, chew anything that would go into their gooey mouths. I want to be like that again. No second thoughts, just pure first thoughts. I am defined by my first thoughts. I am going to write like that.... Free flowing, first thoughts.

Well, where was I? Oh yeah... drunken blokes. See? this is what I am talking about... second thoughts rudely cutting me off.

Anyway, we the drunken revellers, talked about how nice we all are and how scared we are about the girl we could end up married to. Not that we don't look forward to it, but the last time we saw, the grass was very green on our side. Just that we did not get to see the other side.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hip Grandma said...

good luck to you.want help?

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 9:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger starry said...

nice post. The grass is greener on both sides. Having thoughts about finding a wife.Go for it.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 1:37:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

@hipgmom: what kind of help were you talking about? I am all ears! :)

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 2:44:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Archana Bahuguna said...

:-D What you just wrote is a masterpiece. Great thoughts. Only those who go through second thoughts can empathize with what you have expressed here and I am sure there are millions of "such" us. But that doesnt matter right? All that matters is you do not want to have second thoughts. The only thing that can help is wisdom and that you get only as you grow older, get more experiences; so till then we will have second thoughts. It's like a catch-22 situation :-) So go back to your book! :-)And good luck, I think you WILL have a good wife!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 4:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

well said- 2nd thought indeed challenge or confirm what we thought the 1st time. but u r right, at times it is the instinctive 1st thought that is the "right " thought-

Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 11:59:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Visitor said...

LOL I sure enjoyed reading that. LOL. As far as marriage is concerned, just marry the first person (proposal) who is ready whether arranged or of your own choce, it wont make any difference to final outcome. LOL :P

PS: Remove the word verfication junk.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 at 4:38:00 PM CDT  
Blogger D said...

HI,
Arrived here from somewhere else. I liked the second thought thing ...

I suppose you have the privelage of second thoughts while you are still single. I find the most liberating thing about being married is the lack of time and space for second thoughts. I'm a HUGE second thingker, but marriage and child for me is void of them, because it's enough that my husband has to be able to process even my first, I dare not confuse him further. I love the loss of optional thinking, "what ifs' and "but(s)...". Perhaps you will find the same thing when you are married.

Amd...In chosing a lassy, if you chose her in a second thought: she's not the girl.

Happy studies of books and all the other interesting stuff.

D

Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 6:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger satya said...

gawd lvl post
nish!!

yoursbabe

Monday, October 16, 2006 at 6:49:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home