Saturday, September 09, 2006

Tedious

This is me in conversation with my roomie. A little introduction to our cooking system: we are four guys in an apartment, and each has to cook dinner in turn, so once in 4 days everyone would have cooked once. This was one of those evenings when my Roomie "Rai" is cooking, and I enter the house, a little anxious to go somewhere after eating the food. Because I needed to leave soon, I ask him:

Me: Do you know when the food will be ready?
Rai: The food is getting cooked now.
Me: mmmm.... You did not answer my question. I want to know "when"... like the time.
Rai: Minutes.
(By now Rai is feeling like... I dont have to answer your questions. Go kill yourself man...)
Me: Dude, "Minute" is a unit of time. I want to know like 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes. Do you mean a few minutes ?
Rai: Yeah. (probably wishes me off the face of the planet)

I was afraid of this, but I believe I have become a tedious collection of painful characteristics. Hmmm... not exactly a likeable character set.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ravi Ramaswamy said...

Funny, man. Really! Have fun staying with 'Rai'. Any semblance of Aishwarya Rai?

Saturday, September 9, 2006 at 8:56:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha . friends r fun esp the ones with whom u can behave like this!! i miss my hostel life reading this

Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 1:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Just Jane said...

LOL! you're roomie sure is a man of few words :))

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 2:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Doctor Dark said...

Your flatmate sounds cool to talk to. I myself would like to have my dinner ready in minutes.
:-) Oh yeah thanks for posting in my blog.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 6:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Hip Grandma said...

monosyllables drive me crazy.I am stuck with one for life.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 6:53:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lidia said...

I wish i could talk to my roomie like that! I kind of avoid her! I like Rai, he sounds funny!
-Amy

Thursday, September 14, 2006 at 5:48:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Visitor said...

When you have ad hoc processes this is what happens. LOL

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 2:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Am I Who said...

mebe he jus hates to cook (a lotta men hate it. do you, as well?)! and like janefield rightly said, he seems to be "a man of few words"!

keep writing!

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 1:48:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home