Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tell Tale 12

Have you ever just thought about something and you wanted to run ? Well I do. There are times when I want things around me to move back. I would sometimes want drain the energy in my whole body so that the thing in my head would magically go away. It would feel lame for the first 10 minutes because warming has never been exciting! But then, when the song in my Ipod goes bum-pum-bum in a regular beat like "Dil Se" or "Mortal Kombat", you would want to step on the speed a little bit. But a single step out of tune would feel like a bad note. Every song I added in my ipod has had a different feel when I am running. This has made me listen to every song with a completely different ear. I guess running is the closest I could ever come close to dancing.

But, why did I run? All this beauty about running comes only after I have taken a voluntary decision to make a move. Is there any philosophical reason to it? I am not going to use obscure arguments or a foreign philosophy. What could possibly make an organism, bring down her energy level to a bare minimum for absolutely no reason. I ran around a ground twice accounting for about 6 kilometers. Would have taken half a litre of petrol to drive a car.

Maybe it was power, a sense of self gratification about my health, my fitness, my ability to be at my physical optimum. But, why O why did I try to race a bicycle for a full half kilometer? Maybe it a masochistic pleasure, that I get when my abdominal muscles pull and my thigh muscles hurt.

It is obvious to me why run. Just for fun!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ravi Ramaswamy said...

wow.. something different.. running and dancing.. nice analogy :)
btw, also good to see u the metric system of measurement.. km, litre....

Monday, August 14, 2006 at 7:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger hillgrandmom said...

for fun, that's it exactly. Physical activity is acutally supposed to release serotonin, the pleasure hormone. So exercise(running, dancing)makes you feel good. So go for it happily.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 10:27:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home