Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dial T for TamilNadu (Part III)

I love Tamil girls. I think they are the cutest of all. They are very sweet to talk to and are very smart. Not very funny though.

I find many Tamil girls going through a grueling, unnecessarily painful journey in their twenties. If you forsee your life become a tired cliche, it is time to sit down and have a nice chat.

I know why you are lonely: fear and confusion. Everybody is trying to hurt you : female infanticide, the perverts in public transportation, the gender biased parents. You hear about the sexual abuses in the news, the road-side rowdies gawping at your body. Fear got the better of you and in your panic you built barriers around you. Soon you felt safe in your isolation but your age and hormones screamed against such a self imposed exile from normal interaction. In this deluded comatose, you appreciate anyone who talks similarly against such a union of sexes, however irrelevant the context might be. You think "Sex and the city" speaks to you at a personal level, even when you know that the characters are neither your age nor have a healthy sexual life.

In your safe haven you get uncomfortably alone and in your desperation you check out the guys your parents recommend you to consider for marriage. In your search for a companion for your next half century, you try to understand the other gender over dinner with some guy.

It is time to realize that there is something terribly wrong with Tamil Nadu.

A gender which has been told to avoid during high school, seen only as a chauvenistic peer in your career and demonized enough to exocommunicate even the determined prince charming.
You have male friends, with whom you maintain passionate platonic diplomacy, who are very useful as entertainment pawns, but you are unable to comprehend a romantic "MAN". Your bubbly teenage years long gone, prime years wasting away in your impossible conundrum, you are in your late twenties, a decade after you were the most beautiful looking. You settle for a guy whom you think is not too weird, and marry him in a decision based on a world that slowly turning more mature and against you. In all your mature glory, you skip over the lovey-dovey movies in the rental store, because of its unfamiliarity in real life.

I love Tamil girls and I think they are the cutest of all. I do not want this for any girl and would like to know if it is not true in your case. Many years into your marriage if you do not want to keep imagining about a guy who was cute and had a crush on you, but you were too scared to give him a chance ? give me a call. I have a crush on all Tam girls.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who does not??

Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 5:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger Archana said...

LOL :-D! You forgot to mention your phone number for interested parties ;-P!

Have to agree with some of the observations you have made - but I guess that's slowly changing these days!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 11:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

@visheshur: :-)

@arch: "some observations" ??? I know when I hit a bulleye, Madamossaile. As for as the changing times are concerned, I only see this going in the reverse direction with "Blank Noise Project". BNP has become a fad club to join for girls, rather than a organization with purpose. Nobody is doing anything to change.

I have added my email id at the end of the post. So, now you can email me, Madamossaile. :-)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 6:31:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've made a couple of worthy observations. Especially the part about the lack of a good sense of humour in tamil girls.

And i'd like to agree with Archana that it's all changing now. I sense it everytime i go back to Chennai.

Friday, November 24, 2006 at 4:22:00 AM CST  
Blogger mommyof2 said...

another attempt for getting more girls;-D so how many "called" u so far;-)j/k

Friday, November 24, 2006 at 6:12:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one. I think in general, applies to a large proportion of girls. btw, why is that beauty is given importance through youth and not later?
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art." Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, November 24, 2006 at 8:42:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

Hi all,

I was very serious when I wrote this. There is nothing to LOL about. And everybody knows that.

@shoes: The only part I was joking about was the girl's sense of humour. I know of some Tam girls who are very funny and any generalization would be wrong.

@mommyof2: NONE. Was actually expecting one email. :(

@lalitha: No offence, but I find young girls to be much more attractive than the elderly. So, in case you are planning to become more attractive after a couple of decades, I wish all the luck. ;-)
(Please do not take my jabs personally :))

Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 1:50:00 AM CST  
Blogger BZ said...

Funny post :--)

I would like to speak for the ones who do not belong to the so called 'clan' of girls you have specified. :--)

Tam girl, 26, happily married to college sweet heart, no regrets in life, can more than just empathize with romantic movies. I gave my guy his chance. There you go! :--)) Proof that things are changing slowly but steadily.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 10:43:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blog came straight from the heart ... ;-)Hope the girls are listening ;-).

Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 1:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger Artnavy said...

things are not so bad- or is that only for tamil girls outside tamil nadu?

Friday, December 1, 2006 at 4:24:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

@saranya: I truly believe you are a wonderful woman. It does not take a lot of guts to such a thing, or a brave thing. When did following your heart needed courage?

You are one more reason why I adore Tam girls. :)

@archana_bahu: It sure was straight from my heart. :(

@art_navy: Things are pretty bad, I tell you. Some tam girls are just unbelievably bent on not being even remotely romantic. Either I am ugly or just plain stupid, if I have got it all wrong.

Monday, December 4, 2006 at 2:46:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truely a kid indeed...a kid who strongly believes in his judgement,irrespective of it being right r wrong.Well,Im a tamil gal too...in my early twenties.First f all,r u trying to praise them or openly show how much u have underestimated them.Looks like some tamil gal has really affected ur thought system...how many tamil gals do u really know dude?i mean "really" know...
wat a rotten luck,u failed to meet a romantic,well-humoured tamil gal...with a craving for adventure....

Friday, December 29, 2006 at 12:04:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Kid said...

@Sona: ha ha ha ! You are not the first person to question my judgement, but you are the first cute one. :-) Please keep visiting.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 4:35:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...'cute'...nice try?(did i tell u im half black too)..never knew that my name could reveal so much abt me...anyways...
"happy new year kiddo"
do well in madison...[;)]
well,even im an ENFP...try me

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 9:07:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home