Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Good bye - 2006

2006 was in short ... what is the word... yeah! "terrible!" I cannot even say, "it was bad but atleast blah blah", it was just baaad. Most of the things I tried to do, or even thought of doing just dropped dead. Tried to hook up with 2 girls and the only girlfriend I got was Ms. Fortune. OK that was a really bad joke.

It is not a new thing that I had to face with the worst of luck, my life is like a "biased" dice that always gives me the wrong number! To hell with 2006! Now that it is over I do not plan to think about it. I like 2007. 07 is a good number. "Seven" sounds strong and is definitely very sexy. And I like it.

Just a walk down the memory lane of the sick old 2006,
  1. I ran a half marathon. It took me 2 hours and 10 mins to run the full 13.1 miles and I ran the whole length (did not cheat by walking when no one was looking at me). I also got a cool medal for it. The training for the marathon was not too intimidating, or rather my roomies were very good in prodding me to run this. Me never being in shape did not really help in the training but thanks to Govardhan, Sai and Ravi for their enthusiasm and support.
  2. I restarted my blog with renewed energy and looks like it is going in good shape. The posts were quite irregular and infrequent but I have a good feeling about the way things are going in the blogistan. I could definitely see an improvement in my writing style even though I peppered it with the same old crappy "ME WANT GIRLFRIEND" posts.
  3. I made many new friends, and one of them was an online happening. I am hoping to meet this keypal sometime, hopefully soon. I am very proud to say that I was the sole initiator of this friendship and she did nothing for her part :p
  4. I learnt a lot. A "lot" is a very big quantity. I could say, I became a little bit more of a man in 2006. Academically, emotionally and even physically I learnt something that could have been ignored forever.
That's it for the good stuff. Here are my brief brushes with fate
  1. I had a stress fracture and what a bitch is she. Broke my left tibia, during my half-marathon training. Not only did I lose 3 weeks of precious training time, but also had become weak from the all the stressful "sitting around". This was the first time I broke a bone (come-on I am guy), but the annoying thing is, "stress" fracture is not a complete fracture and the package does not come with a cast. I was just limping like a lame frog with no cast to show! "enna kodumai idu, Saravanan?"
Funny, it turns out that, I had more good things to say about her (2006) than bad things. I never thought I would say this when I started writing this, but "If 2007 is half as interesting as his elder sister I would be very lucky." And my dear 007, you better deliver some good or I will have to pummel you till you bleed from your nose!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Artnavy said...

happy 2007 and good luck with the Ms Kid

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 4:07:00 AM CST  
Blogger Vishesh said...

2007 adds up to 9 n has 7 so guess its good 4 ppl...
well all of us need luck man but the saYIng goes that fortune favors the brave doesnt it?
and guys of all age want a girlfriend dont we??
well have a very very luckky 2007!!

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 6:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha pummel 2007 indeed. trust u will do that
wish u the luck and may ur expectations come true

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 6:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger rads said...

Happy 2007 kiddo.
So you run eh? That's so cool, Ive always admired folks who could do the marathon, or anything close to it. Keep going, at the least it will most definitely get you a girl or maybe even two :-)

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 6:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger Archana said...

Happy New Year :-)! Marathon? Nice!!

And my dear 007, you better deliver some good or I will have to pummel you till you bleed from you nose!

LOL :-D! Amen to that :-)!

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 12:46:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home