Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tell Tale 20 - Postnatal Story IV

Gui, The Girl

I woke up from my sleep with a jolt, because there was someone near my cage who called for help in qualese. "Is there anyone here!", came the cry for help again. I turned to the right and there was another baby! At last I knew I was not alone.

"Qi", I said. She responded. We just looked into each others eyes for many minutes. I was not even trying to talk, and we both knew about what happened to each of us since our birth. The crushing squeeze into the world, the loss of one of the appendages, the incessant biggie infestation, Goochi's sedative. We just understood each other! I could see the pain in the eyes and if not for the underdeveloped tear glands we would have cried our hearts out.

"Gui" was the name of the other baby. "You should also have a name", declared the Gui and unlike the biggie world, babies get to choose their names. I chose "Ee" as my name. We were both extremely happy in our own little conversation when two very loud nurses came and started changing our fishy restraint (diaper). Then as this was going on, I saw Gui free as a baby, with no fabric or fishy restraint. Gui had no fishy, but looked very beautiful! Without the artificial embarrassment emotions, we both smiled at each other at the free show. Gui had a very pleasant smell, so very different from the nurse's stench.

Gui unabashedly asked me "What is that between you legs?", and I replied "I call it fishy but have no idea what it does!", and as Gui was looking at me, my fishy felt very funny. Before I knew, there was a sudden stream of sparkling liquid from my fishy that hit the nurse right on the face! Gui and I both gurgled in delight, at the little discomfiture I gave for the nurse. I guess I was the world's tiniest rebel. I said, "take that you bully! You deserve that for restraining my fishy!" For the first time since we were born, Gui and I had forgotten about the misery in our lives.

After we were both tied up in our little shackles and we continued our conversation. I innocently asked "Did the biggies cut away your fishy?", she answered in the negative and we then realized that even though we had so many common things, we were pleasantly different in our own ways.

We talked about the biggies in our lives and exchanged our ideas about the world. Gui also was given the tasty liquid but not by the same Goochi, when we both realized that our Goochies were giving us individual attention. "I somehow got to like my Goochi", Gui said, "I do not think Goochi means to hurt us". Gui had a point. Even though our Goochies utter incomprehensible blabber, they never tried to hurt us. Gui was very wise, I knew I wanted to be with her all the time.

After all the talk we were tired and we fell silent. I fell asleep after some time and when I woke up, I was not in the same room. I never saw the same room again. With the room, I also lost Gui. The one person with whom I could talk, communicate, relate and laugh, was gone. Forever. With age, Gui would forget about me, our little rendezvous in hospital nursery. I never told Gui how I felt about her. I cursed myself for not doing so. I had so much to tell to her, but I fell asleep.

Never did I see Gui again. She would be a biggie now, maybe married and maybe even a mother herself. But, I still remember her as the bald baby without fishy. Every now and then I recollect, every word she said, her smell, the way she gurgled in delight when I peed on the nurse.

Fate it seems, is without a hint of charity.


PS: If you think you might be Gui, please contact me.


The Rosetta Stone:

Goochi -> Mummy
Qualesce -> Baby Language
Biggie -> The grownups
Ee -> My name
Gui -> Another girl baby's name
Fishy -> The strange appendages between my legs :-)
Appendages-> limbs, fishy and umbilical cord

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

Ah-ha, looks like you started off real early in life on the falling for a girl front :-).

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 2:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger rads said...

hahahaha, o boy :)

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 7:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Swetha said...

Namma tamil movie style la you will probably meet your gui in a railway station/bus stand...oops in the airport :D

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 10:00:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

@arch: a tiny reminder that this is fiction!

@rads: I am sooo glad you liked it.

@dushti: ahem. That is a dangerous comment, lady!

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 11:52:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe...seekiram kalyanam paniko...i guess unaku kalyana asai vandiruchu..:-(..i could feel with ur recent posts..;-)

Sunday, August 5, 2007 at 7:32:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Kid said...

@anonymous: Thank you for the excellent observation :) Please keep visiting.

Monday, August 6, 2007 at 9:39:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home