Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back from slumber!

Something weird happened to me. On September 29th, I had a cocoa drink that my roommate mixed up for me, and I am not sure what happened after that. I just woke up 2 hours back, and started blogging in a desperate attempt to understand what happened to me.

What kind of chemical can induce sleep for 2 weeks?

It was not like coma, because I had a dream. The dream felt very real, where I continued to live the life as I know it, except for a few major differences.

On September 30th, in my dream (I am not sure if it was the same date in the real world and all dates and times mentioned henceforth shall be in dream time and not real time) I was writing some code and was too tired and slept off on the desk (yes I slept off in my dream). I suddenly woke up to see a message on my monitor, "Wake up, Kid". I was shocked to find my computer talk to me, and suspected it to be some hacker playing with me, and I had to do something quick or could lose a lot of research data, when there was another message "Who are you trying to get rid off? Me? Do you really know who I am?"

I was now very certain that this was the handy work of a hacker, and more certain that my computer had been compromised. I was also interested to know what particular "software exploit" the hacker had used, so the first thing I did was unplug it from the internet.

There was another message on the screen, "It is a pity you think I am hacker. I am the one person, who can show you the real world, the reality, the truth!".

Now I was about to scream, because this was really eerie. Is this a ghost in the shell?

The message continued, "You have seen many machines, and wondered if it has a life on its own. It is the question that drives you, Kid."

What question? I have many questions, and which question is this hacker talking about? I remember, yesterday I was wondering why toothpaste was white in color most of the time, is this the question the hacker is talking about?

I asked the hacker. "Yes, it is the question that drives me. Why is my toothpaste white?"

The hacker replies, "Come with me and I shall show you how deep the rabbit hole goes (Oooh! reference to Alice in wonderland!) or you can stay and live your rut of a life, brushing your teeth day after day, without knowing what it is!"


To be continued...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vishesh said...

ha ha ah ahaha ha a!!dude you selpt too much and maybe couldn't handle your moutth stink...so you dreamt of toothpaste...

Friday, October 19, 2007 at 1:38:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok that was definitely not your best piece.

-Ok

Friday, October 19, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home